Jimmy Shan hailed his "tremendous" Harriers after they stunned league leaders King's Lynn Town with a 2-0 victory in National League North. 

The shock victory was the first time Lynn had tasted defeat on their home ground for almost 18 months, a run stretching back to September 2018. 

That invincibility had pushed the Linnets four points clear of the North summit on the back of promotion last term, their recent form seeing them pick up four wins and four clean sheets, but it was a record the Reds smashed with the perfect display.

Alex Prosser and Ashley Chambers both scored before the break, with Harriers holding out to wrap up a perfectly-timed three points that left Shan delighted.

He said after the full-time whistle:  "We've had a very good week working towards that performance.

"We tweaked a couple of things with our starting line-up, knowing full well we'd have to focus on defending.

"Today, with the conditions, we had a lot of balls around our back five and I thought [the players] were tremendous."

Shan had opted to reintroduce Rhys Williams into the starting line-up after he'd completed a three-match suspension, and the on-loan Liverpool youngster played his part in securing a vital clean sheet.

Despite the size of the task at hand, Harriers actually dominated much of the first half and took the lead on 15 minutes when Prosser bagged his second of the season by prodding home a corner. 

Sam Austin tried his luck with an opportunistic effort not long after but, with the home side being kept firmly at bay, Harriers surged forward again and grabbed a second seven minutes before the interval. Hemmings surged down the right and powered in a great cross that an onrushing Chambers slammed home on the volley.

King’s Lynn delivered on the expectation that they’d ramp it up a gear after the break and put Harriers under concerted pressure – though in truth their biggest chance at a comeback was spurned as early as the 49th minute when Marriott saw his angled effort tipped over by Mannion.

Harriers, who had their own chances to extend their lead when Austin Samuels, Hemmings and sub Samir Nabi all had openings, dealt with the threat of Marriott and Michael Gash well, with the duo seeing half chances come and go.

With 11 minutes left, Mannion palmed another Marriott drive wide and, with that, the game was up and Harriers were left to celebrate with their travelling fans. 

Up next for the Reds is the visit to Aggborough of Darlington on Saturday (8th) at 3pm.

Harriers have appealed for donations of food and household goods to towards a collection they’re staging for the Kidderminster Foodbank. More details can be found on the club website.