HARRIERS Manager Russ Penn saluted his team’s efforts after a superb 2-0 National League North win at Brackley Town.

Two first half goals kept up Harriers’ 100% record away from home at the start of this season and stretched their current unbeaten run to five games.

Both Amari Morgan-Smith and Sam Austin were on target, but after digging in and shutting out the Saints in the second half, the boss was delighted with the collective effort.

“I said before the game that we haven’t won here in a long time, so I want a professional, disciplined performance tonight,” said Penn at the final whistle.

“You have to do that at these places, the likes of Brackley, Fylde and York, to pick up points and go back with something, and we’ve come back with the maximum.

“We scored two great goals… fair play to the boys, in the second half it was always going to be backs to the wall against Brackley who are a good side, but we stood up to the test.”

Penn opted to make two changes to his starting line-up going into the game – Luke Maxwell came into the side for his first start of the season and since his summer return to the club. Omari Sterling, missing with injury last time out, slotted back into the line-up in place of Koby Arthur.

Harriers, without a win at Brackley in four attempts, got off the perfect start with a goal on just six minutes as a sublime Alex Penny cross was turned home by Amari Morgan-Smith for his first goal of the season.

After a spell of defending it was two as another incisive forward move paid off, Sterling combing with Richards who was up superbly supporting the attack, the ball pulled back to Austin who diverted it into the net.

It would be no understatement to say Brackley dominated the second half in terms of pressure, but a resolute defensive unit stood tall to ensure that, barring some terrific blocks, there were few outright saves for Max Simpson to make.

Ndlovu thought he’d reduced the arrears six after the hour but saw his effort cannon off the upright and away, while Penny’s superb last-ditch header kept out a Dean effort on the line.

Simpson parried away from Coleman as the half wore on, an almighty scramble then almost seeing Harriers breached, Simpson paying the price for his fortitude as he took a clattering in keeping the ball out.

Thankfully for Harriers, who lost Penny to injury in the second half, the shot-stopper was able to carry on and see out the clean sheet.

Harriers travel to Farsley Celtic in National League North this coming Saturday before entertaining Alfreton Town at Aggborough on Tuesday, 24th November.

Harriers: Simpson, Penny (Moyo 76), Austin, Lowe, Richards, Taylor, Maxwell, Montrose, Hemmings, Sterling (Prosser 74), Morgan-Smith (Arthur 90+2),

Unused subs: Palmer, White

Referee: Dean Watson.