DEADLY Dave Reynolds plans to stay at Worcester City and has already targeted surpassing this season’s 30-goal haul.

City’s top scorer emerged from the bench despite a knee injury to reach the milestone in Saturday’s final match of the season, a 2-1 defeat at South Normanton Athletic.

Reynolds nipped in with a typical poacher’s finish, pouncing on a weak header back to nudge past keeper Curtis Hall in the second minute of added time.

But despite bringing up a bumper total after stepping up from Malvern Town, the hard-to-please personal trainer reckons he could have more to show for his first campaign in blue and white.

“The lads had been messaging during the week. I wanted to get to 30 but doubted whether I could play," said Reynolds.

"The knee was pretty swollen going into the game, it was not 100 per cent but the gaffer (John Snape) asked if I could go on.

“I told them it would be 50-50 and that they might be better off going with Danksy (Mark Danks) but with 20 minutes to go, they took the risk of ending the game with 10 men if I did get hit.

“I am happy. Personally, I feel like I might have got a few more but I will take it.

“Every game I play, I want to score but if the gaffer is happy then so am I.

“I am due to meet with Snapper in the next week and hopefully I will be back in a City shirt, scoring a few more goals next season

“I have kept out of all of the off-field stuff. I turn up, play football and that’s it. I enjoy playing here and have no reason to leave.”

The joy of the equaliser was short lived, though, with the penalty that gave the Shiners victory leaving a bitter taste in City mouths.

Referee Jake Allsopp signalled advantage when Marcus Tudgay got upended in the box but an offside flag then went up against Kevin Hemagou as his shot was blocked on the line by Jordan Stoddart and play was pulled back.

City were incensed, particularly as Tudgay then appeared to stop during his run up to finishing from 12 yards.

“When you see the flag go up you think the offside will be given,” said Reynolds.

“The referee played advantage. He (Allsopp) cleared up that their lad had not been offside before the foul but then there was the penalty.

“You cannot stop and then restart your run, their lad did that and admitted he had been unaware of that rule.

“That was the biggest frustration, especially after getting back into the game and feeling like we could go on to win it.”

Meanwhile, Reynolds was keen to show appreciation for City’s supporters.

“I’d like to say thank you to the fans for turning up week in, week out. All of the lads appreciate it and we had a great night at the awards ceremony," he added.

“Unfortunately, we haven’t hit the highs we wanted to or the standards we set for ourselves but hopefully, we can kick on push for the promotion we deserve.”