CCTV footage shows a Worcester thug mimicking a homeless 'hunchback' woman before launching a savage attack along with her sister, leaving the victim with a broken nose and eye socket.

Video of the brutal attack in Worcester city centre by the sisters has been released to the Worcester News following a request to the Crown Prosecution Service and West Mercia Police.

As previously reported Katie Thomasson and younger sister Molly Thomasson (also known as 'Molli') were jailed for inflicting grievous bodily harm at Worcester Crown Court last week.

The footage shows Katie Thomasson throwing what appears to be a bottle at the victim, Jodie Gillett, before mimicking a 'hunchback', putting one arm behind her back and holding the other out as she pretends to hobble along the middle of the street towards the CCTV camera in St Nicholas Street, the very camera which provided such damning evidence against her.

The mocking impression lasts just under a minute before she walks briskly back towards Miss Gillett and begins the attack.

The footage of the attack itself is difficult to make out because it is dark and takes place away from the camera.

However, punches are clearly thrown during the onslaught which lasts around 40 seconds from the first blow being struck.

The officer in the case, Detective Constable Heather Leech, said: “This was a very serious crime that was hugely traumatic for the victim and we are pleased that justice has been done for her.”

We have previously reported how the women were sent to prison for the chilling attack in Worcester city centre, one of the sisters screamed 'I've got kids!' as shrieks and wails erupted from the dock and public gallery, forcing the judge to shout for silence.

Worcester News: Worcester News:

Katie Thomasson, aged 24, of Selsey Close, Worcester, and Molly Thomasson, aged 21, of Sheepscombe Drive, Worcester, claimed the victim made an insulting comment about the cot death of Katie Thomasson's child four years before which provoked the attack.

The victim was in hospital for two days after she was punched and kicked in the face in St Nicholas Street, Worcester

The victim suffers from curvature of the spine and is homeless, the court heard.

Raj Punia, prosecuting, said: “You see the defendant, Katie Thomasson, mimicking a hunchback. It’s plain to see.”

Ms Punia said the victim accepted she swore at Katie and called her 'a slag' but disputed making any reference to a ‘dead baby’ in response to her mockery.

“She says Katie walked back towards her, walked straight up to her, grabbed her hair on the left side of her head before punching her three or four times on the left side of her face around the left eye, causing her to fall to the floor. She describes, while on the floor, that Katie kicks her several times around the head and shoulders” said Ms Punia.

Molly Thomasson then joined the attack, also kicking the victim to the head as Miss Gillett shouted ‘leave me alone, pack it in, please stop!’

The attack, at 4.45am on Saturday, March 16 this year, was deemed to be aggravated by the use of a shod foot and because it was a sustained and repeated assault.

Judge Robert Juckes QC jailed Katie Thomasson for 30 months (two and a half years) and Molly Thomasson for two years.