TRIBUTES have poured in for a boy aged nine who has died as police continue their murder probe and a community comes together to mourn.

Flowers, candles, teddies, cards and balloons with handwritten messages of love and of grief were laid on a table under a shelter outside a house in Copcut, Droitwich in memory of the boy, named locally as Alfie.

Families came to lay bouquets of flower and pay their respects. Gold-coloured balloons spelled out the name Alfie and there was an Arsenal teddy and a toy Minion in his memory.

Man and woman granted bail as murder and child neglect investigation continues

A single police car remained outside the address where the boy died. One message, attached to a red dragon, read: "To Alfie. RIP. Fly high mate. You will be sadly missed as a good loving friend. RIP mate. Love Tia and Adam Baker.

Another read: "To Alfie. I am so sorry and I am going to miss you so much. School will not be the same without your cheeky smile. Lots of love Peggy."

One message contained a drawing of a football and the words 'to my best friend Alfie'.

A further card contained the message: "Alfie, you will never be forgotten. Your laughter and the walks to and from school. You brought so much joy and happiness to our lives. We miss you. Shine brightly.

Chantelle, Summer, Hunter."

We reported earlier today that police investigating the unexplained death of a nine year-old boy in Copcut, Droitwich released a man and woman on bail last night.

A 33 year-old woman that was arrested on suspected child neglect and a 39 year-old man that was arrested on suspicion of murder have been bailed until March 19.

The boy died on Thursday, February 18, and the cause of his death is not yet known.

A spokesman for West Mercia Police said: "We are continuing to treat this as an unexplained death and are supporting the victim’s family at this time and would ask they are given privacy during this tragic event."

Flowers and tributes have been left for the boy, who has been named locally as Alfie Scott.

Police and two air ambulances rushed to the semi-detached home in Vashon Drive, Copcut, at around 3pm on Thursday afternoon.

The boy was found in a critical condition and was flown to hospital but, sadly, did not survive.

Police yesterday released a statement that said a 39-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of murder, while a 33-year-old woman had been arrested on suspected child neglect.