A fire in a flat caused by an overheated aerosol can led to a man being checked over at the scene of the blaze.

Firefighters attended the blaze at Broad Street in Worcester at 7.47pm yesterday and were at the scene for nearly two hours. 

A spokesperson for Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: "A crew from Worcester Fire Station was called to a fire at a flat in Broad Street, Worcester.

"The fire was caused by an overheated aerosol can and caused damage to windows and fractures to walls. A male casualty in his 30s was given a precautionary check by the ambulance service who attended along with police. The incident was marked as pending closure at 9.43pm."